“Hope is what enables us to keep going in the face of adversity.” ~Jane Goodall
Hi friends! As you may know, I’m always on the lookout for free events that can help us be our best selves and create a better world. With this in mind, I’m excited to invite you to a FREE online summit, starting this week—Activating Hope: Together We Can, Together We Will.
Considering the division and chaos in the world today, it’s not easy to hold onto a sense of optimism, and it may seem pointless to do so. Hope alone won’t solve the problems we face as a collective—the impacts of climate change, the uncertainty of the pandemic, the challenge of racial injustice.
But hope isn’t naivete or magical thinking. Hope can be a powerful force for positive change, igniting our inner strength and propelling us into action. That’s what inspired Jane Goodall—a beacon of hope and kindness in the world for decades—to lead this transformative event.
This FREE four-day online summit starts this Thursday, November 4th. You’ll hear from a once-in-a-generation gathering of celebrated speakers and luminaries, including:
- Jane Goodall, PhD, DBE, with an opening keynote and closing remarks
- Craig Foster and Ross Frylinck of Academy Award–winning documentary My Octopus Teacher
- Zolani Mahola, actress, storyteller, and lead singer of internationally acclaimed South African music group Freshlyground
- Silvia Vasquez-Lavado, the first openly gay woman to complete the Seven Summits
- Edith Eger, PhD, Holocaust survivor, bestselling author, and specialist in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Jack Kornfield, PhD, author, Buddhist practitioner, and Spirit Rock Meditation Center founding teacher
- Tara Brach, PhD, psychologist, author, and teacher of meditation, emotional healing, and spiritual awakening
- Bonnie Wan, partner and head of brand strategy at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
- Corrina Gould, chair and spokesperson for the Confederated Villages of Lisjan
Through inspiring stories and teachings, hands-on workshops, and illuminating conversations, you’ll learn how to hold onto hope when all seems hopeless, cultivate hope in your children, and face the challenges of your everyday life with strength and optimism.
Register here for free to reserve your spot and receive the full daily schedule. I hope you enjoy the lineup!
About Lori Deschene
Lori Deschene is the founder of Tiny Buddha. She’s also the author of Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude Journal and other books and co-founder of Recreate Your Life Story, an online course that helps you let go of the past and live a life you love. She recently launched a Mindfulness Kit to help reduce our stress and increase our peace and joy. For daily wisdom, join the Tiny Buddha list here. You can also follow Tiny Buddha on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The post FREE Online Summit, Activating Hope, Starts on Thursday! appeared first on Tiny Buddha.